Hy-Fit App by Tenswall no longer working
WSL2 & Keychain
If you use ssh-agent with an encrypted ssh key it does not persist when you open a new terminal window.
sudo apt install keychain
- Add to your shells rc file, eg.
# Repeat this line for all keys you want to unlock and use this way /usr/bin/keychain -q --nogui $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa source $HOME/.keychain/wsl-sh
- Unlock your keys on shell startup and enjoy
Audible book export
How to export a audio book from Audible and save it without DRM for personal archival purposes.
Note: This does NOT
crack DRM. It simply uses the users own encryption key (fetched from Audible servers)
to decrypt the audiobook in the same manner that the official audiobook playing software does.
A list of interesting things
Git: Add only changed files
Sometimes you may want to commit only the files you have changed and not any newly created files,
this can easily be achieved by this command:
git commit -a
From the git mapage:
OPTIONS -a, --all Tell the command to automatically stage files that have been modified and deleted, but new files you have not told Git about are not affected.
Publish new post checklist
This is my checklist for publishing a new post on my blog:
- Finalize the posts name and sluggify it
- Pick a image if fitting
- Create a new post with
hugo new content/posts/<slug of post>.md
- Move the draft from my current writing tool to this new file
- Fill in the generated front matter template
- If the post is ~1.000+ words enable the TOC
- Run spell-check in VSCode and fix things
- Run local hugo server
hugo server -bind=0.0.0.0
- Wait at least an hour
- Open the locally served page on the iPad, grab a cup of tea and read it
- Make last changes and typo fixes as needed
- Place a `
Local User Management Polyfill
Older Versions of Windows 10 and all Windows Server 2012 systems have no local user management commandlets.
This is a working polyfill to allow scripts using local user management to run on old systems.